Sew" much to do, "sew" little time. Un"seam"ingly endless resources to start, grow and run your fashion business in one place.
We provide the resources that emerging brands and fashion designers need online and in our fashion incubator building F.A.B.R.I.C. Our unique model enables us to provide everything in one place and under one roof, enabling local fashion brands to grow, stay and thrive in Arizona.
If you are a fashion student, fashion brand/designer, fashion lover, you've come to the right place. Please explore our Services to find what you need.
If you are a new fashion brand or fashion designer get started here:
STEP 1: Book a tour of F.A.B.R.I.C. Click HERE
STEP 3: Click HERE for next steps.
Reasons why FABRIC (and LabelHorde/AZ Fashion Source/AZ Apparel Foundation) is so awesome for a fashion designer/brand....
1. You can have a really affordable office space in downtown Tempe right off of Mill Ave that includes wifi, utilities, a sewing studio equipped with industrial machines (single needle, coverstitch, sergers) and domestic machines, dress forms/mannequins, cutting tables, tools, a storage room for your garments and fabrics, no lease, no deposit and access to a 3 story building that also has photo studios, a runway, a sourcing library, a fabric store and more.
2. You get included in the countless news features and printed stories that happen about FABRIC almost weekly. And they always ask for recommendations for local designers/brands to include in the stories so by being involved or having an office here, you get automatic media exposure.
3. You can list your business in a local fashion directory for free that you can also use for free to find all other fashion people to hire or collaborate with.
4. We'll send your events/news out in our newsletter to thousands of fashion lovers including a lot of press/media contacts each month at no charge.
5. There is a wholesale fabric sourcing library that you can use for free anytime that contains hundreds of resources for fabrics/trims that otherwise you'd have no idea where to find unless you already worked in the industry and knew these sources or traveled to textile shows around the world.
6. You can host your own runway show, trunk show, sale, model call, casting, event here for subsidized rates (and possibly even free depending on the event)
7. You have access to technical designers and manufacturing services who can do your flats, specs, patterns, grading, marking, production cutting,sample sewing, manufacturing sewing, screen printing, photography, etc...
8. You can take classes in anything fashion related as group lessons or one-on-one lessons and many are offered for free.
9. You can use the facility to offer your own classes/lessons/seminars/workshops.
10. You can get real industry experience and internships.
11. You can network with hundreds of other fashion people at events, through the directory, or just by being in the building.
12. You can get your patterns made, graded and a marker made that is digital so it can be sent out to any factory worldwide when you grow out of FABRIC. You can even learn to make your own digital patterns on our digital pattern software.
13. The City of Tempe is very supportive and always helps us spread the word about everything going on here.
14. We sit on ASU's campus so designers are constantly getting connected with different ASU programs to collaborate including stories from the Walter Cronkite School, wearable tech ideas with the polytechnic school, sewing projects through the school of sustainability, etc...
15. You can design a garment in your office, run down to the sewing studio to sew it, then run down to the photo studio to shoot it and put it on your website the same day.
16. You can book time to come in to use the sewing/maker's studio, photo studio, recording studio, etc...
17. You can post a job or find a job in fashion on our classifieds page for free.
18. You can subscribe to one newsletter that tells you about all things fashion in AZ once a month instead of having to subscribe to each newsletter around AZ individually.
19. You can buy fabrics, trims, sewing supplies, manila and dotted pattern paper, muslin fabric, pattern tools, fashion books and other things you normally can't find in AZ.
20. You can get technical help, consulting, mentorship and collaborate with people who have worked in the apparel industry in manufacturing.
20. This place is like a magnet for all things fashion. The opportunities that you are exposed to in this building are endless and amazing. Every day a new opportunity arises.
Want to join us? Great! We are waiting for you!